On Sunday the third tier of Japanese football, the JFL, gets under way. The league is a mixture of J.League associate member clubs, clubs born from big corporations and local clubs with eyes on the big leagues.
The pick of the opening set of games would appear to be JFL new boys Fukushima United heading to Machida Zelvia, the team relegated from J2 last year. Machida will have designs on a swift return to J2, but Fukushima are a team on the way up with big aspirations and they are in the process of applying for a member licence.
Other games of note include the clash between Nagano Parceiro and Sagamihara, both of whom are J.League associate members and Yokogawa Musashino, who reached the last 16 of the Emperor’s Cup last year, taking on MYFC Fujieda.
This is the full fixture list for week 1 (* denotes J.League associate member) All 1pm KO
- Machida Zelvia* v Fukushima Utd
- AC Nagano Parceiro* v SC Sagamihara*
- Kamatamare Sanuki* v Tochigi Uva
- Honda FC v Honda Lock
- Yokohama S.C.C. v HOYO Oita
- Sagawa Printing v Zweigen Kanazawa*
- MIO Biwako Shiga v Blaublitz Akita*
- FC Ryukyu v Sony Sendai
- Yokogawa Musashino v Fujieda MYFC