Gifu host the brightly coloured Giravanz Kitakyushu in what should be a good game on Sunday evening.
Gifu come into the game off the back of successive, odd-goal away defeats, and still have some injury doubts over key players. Nazarit & Kitani both missed the defeat and Kanko Stadium last week. Kitani will probably still miss out this week, but Nazarit has a better chance of playing. Shun Nogaito could come back into the team in place of Masuyama, while Henik might come in in midfield to bolster the physical presence.
Football Lab predicted line-ups:
- FC Gifu: Kawaguchi, Nogaito, Abe, Sekita, Alex Santos, Takachi, Mizuno, Henik, Stipe, Namba, Endo
- Giravanz: Otani, Hoshihara, Maeda, Watanabe, Fujii, Kotegawa, Hakkaku, Kazama, Inoue, Hara, Ikemoto
Form (last five games):
- FC Gifu: WWDLL
- Giravanz: WWWLW
Previous meetings in Gifu:
- 2010: FC Gifu 1-0 Giravanz Kitakyushu
- 2011: FC Gifu 1-3 Giravanz Kitakyushu
- 2012: FC Gifu 1-0 Giravanz Kitakyushu
- 2013: FC Gifu 3-1 Giravanz Kitakyushu
- There has never been a drawn between these two sides in J.League action. Both teams have won four of the eight league meetings.
- Gifu have two players on 6 goals for the season, Hiroaki Namba & Nazarit. Giravanz’s top scorer is Tomoki Ikemoto with 4
- Gifu have scored more goals than Giravanz this year, but are 11 places below them in the league table
- Tomoki Ikemoto spent a brief spell with Gifu when they were in the Tokai regional league.
- FC Gifu v Giravanz Kitakyushu
- Nagaragawa Memorial Centre, KO 7pm
- Broadcast: Live on Sky Perfect TV
- Weather forecast: Mostly fine, chance of light cloud, 10% chance of rain, temp. around 20°C