Gifu will look to do the double over their Kanagawa counterparts when Motohiro Yamaguchi’s men visit the Nagaragawa Stadium on Sunday evening.
FC Gifu coach Ruy Ramos has some big decisions to make regarding his starting line up. The young players did really in the last league game down in Kumamoto, although many weren’t as impressive in the Tennouhai defeat at Nagasaki last week. My guess is that despite Tokihisa’s impressive game in Kumamoto, Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi will return in goal. Nazarit will also be looking to return, but it will be difficult to drop Junki Endo, with the youngster having scored in his previous two league games.
My predicted starting XI: Kawaguchi, Masuyama, Abe, Kitani, Santos, Miyazawa, Mizuno, Henik, Takachi, Endo, Namba
For Yokohama FC, defender Takanori Nakajima misses the game due to suspension. Yamaguchi’s men have won just once in the last eleven outings, that being a 2-0 away at Thespa Kusatsu Gunma, and currently find themselves in 19th place in the table. They’ve suffered from a lack of goals this year and testament to that is the fact Masaru Kurotsu is their top scorer with just 3 goals.
Form guide – last five league games (most recent first):
- FC Gifu: WLDLL
- Yokohama FC: DDDDL
Previous games in Gifu:
- 2009 – FC Gifu 2-0 Yokohama FC
- 2010 – FC Gifu 0-1 Yokohama FC
- 2011 – FC Gifu 4-3 Yokohama FC
- 2012 – FC Gifu 0-2 Yokohama FC
- 2013 – FC Gifu 0-2 Yokohama FC
Overall J.League record:
- FC Gifu wins: 5
- Yokohama FC wins: 7
- Draws: 3
What happened last time?
Gifu went to Mitsuzawa back in April, and came away with all three points thanks to a first half Nazarit penalty, followed by a stirring backs to the wall defensive performance.
- J.League division 2, Matchday 22: FC Gifu v Yokohama FC
- Venue: Nagaragawa Stadium, Sunday July 20th, KO 6pm
- Broadcast: Live on Gifu-chan, live on Skapa premium service
- Weather: Cloudy, some sunshine but with chance of rain. Hot & humid with a high of 33°C