The news from the training ground (and El Golazo) is that Henik has picked up an injury and will be struggling for Sunday. Also, I’m not too sure about the status of top scorer Nazarit, who missed the Jubilo game. Other than that, there are no suspensions or other new injuries to worry about.
My predicted FC Gifu starting XI: Kawaguchi. Abe, Shuto Tanaka, Kitani, Mori, Masuyama, Higa, Takachi, Kleiton, Namba, Endo
Recent form (last 5 games, most recent first)
- FC Gifu – LWDLL
- Mito Hollyhock – LDDWL
- FC Gifu – Nazarit, 14; Hiroaki Namba, 11
- Mito Hollyhock – Makito Yoshida, 10
Previous meetings in Gifu
- 2009 FC Gifu 3-3 Mito Hollyhock
- 2010 FC Gifu 1-0 Mito Hollyhock
- 2011 FC Gifu 2-1 Mito Hollyhock
- 2012 FC Gifu 0-1 Mito Hollyhock
- 2013 FC Gifu 1-4 Mito Hollyhock
Overall J.League record
- Gifu wins – 7
- Mito wins – 5
- Draws – 3
What happened last time?
Back in May, FC Gifu looked as if they were on the way to an impressive win as goals from Nazarit & Keiji Takachi had them 2-1 up with 10 minutes, but strikes from Makito Yoshida & and additional time one from Keisuke Funatani gave the hosts an unlikely win.