Here are the latest results from the relegation end of J2 from last weekend:
- Omiya Ardija 5-0 FC Gifu
- JEF United 2-3 Roasso Kumamoto
- Yokohama FC 0-2 Mito Hollyhock
- Tochigi SC 2-2 Fagiano Okayama
- Oita Trinita 2-0 Thespa Kusatsu Gunma
- Tokyo Verdy 1-0 Kyoto Sanga
Huge wins for Oita and Mito, but a spectacular result for Roasso Kumamoto. Kyoto inch closer to oblivion with another listless performance while FC Gifu now prop up the table after another 5-0 thumping at the hands of league leading Omiya. Tochigi will be rueing letting a 2-0 lead slip at home, they can’t afford too many more episodes like that.
All of this leaves the league looking like this:
- The managerial change seems to have wonders at Mito Hollyhock as they are now unbeaten in their last six games, winning three of them.
- Oita Trinita also seem to be benefiting from a new coach. The former basement club have only lost one of their last seven games, and have won 3 of their last 4. Their only recent defeat came at the hands of suddenly red-hot Tokushima Vortis.
- Kyoto Sanga have suffered defeats in five of their last six outings. The Miyako Unison need to get their act together.
- FC Gifu have come through a tough week with 4 points from games against, at the time, the top three sides in J2. Now they switch their attention to teams further down the table, starting with a crucial trip to Gunma next Saturday before arguably their biggest game of the year when Roasso Kumamoto visit Gifu on August 8th. Roasso themselves will look to put further distance between them and the drop zone in their next two outings: Tochigi SC at home before the aforementioned trip to Gifu.
Next week’s fixtures:
- Thespa Kusatsu Gunma v FC Gifu
- Mito Hollyhock v Zweigen Kanazawa
- Kyoto Sanga v Consadole Sapporo
- Avispa Fukuoka v Oita Trinita
- Roasso Kumamoto v Tochigi SC